• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Loehle spitfire Elite newbie help needed :P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsaplenty

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to home built aircraft and the like so bear with me! My name is Alex Easten, I'm 18 and I'm in the latter stages of PPL qualification :). Ive recently started looking at the posibility of aquiring an aircraft replica kit, in the next few years and in amongst all of the dead end spitfire replicas out there Ive found a plane called the Loehle Spitfire Elite. I wont really go into much of a description cos I'm sure you are the guys and gals who will know all about it :p. Ive wanted to build a Spitfire all of my life as my grandad, who is 87 and still going strong flew Spitfires and Hurricanes during the war and has lots of shiny medals to show for it :p:p.

Basically I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me any info on this plane, such as why has there been so little in the way of updates over the years, are there any flying or built, and does anyone have any photos of it, other than the ancient ones on loehles site? It does look like a lovely replica :p.

Look forward to talking to you guys,

Alex.

Back