• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oh the questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugatti100

As the title states I have some questions I am trying to figure out. I went through A&P school a few years back but I must say or what I am working on now it was of little help.

Getting to the point I am working on building a Bugatti Model 100 based aircraft. With that said I am trying to stay with the mostly wooden structure but I have little data on the original. I have begun to attempt the process of figuring the loads and such the aircraft will be put through. With my A&P back ground I am far from an engineer. I mostly need help figuring the wing loading to build it to. Ideally I would like the airframe to take at least 9g both ways. The finished airframe should weigh between 2500 and 3500 lbs. I have read through FAR 23 App. A but with the configuration of the aircraft it was of little help as well.

Any help or incite would be appreciated.

Back