• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

gluing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy67109

I'm building a JDT Hi-max and am starting with the vertical stabilizer. The first step is to take 4 1/4"x1 1/4" strips and laminate them together for the leading edge. I took some knotty pine to use as a straight edge and clamped the stack between them. I let them cure for 36 hrs and then the real fun began. I was able to get the knotty pine loose with some work but seems I ended up gluing the stack to my workbench. :grin: No biggy as I figured that was part of the learning process. I ended up getting the stack loose but not without some damage to the leading edge and the workbench. I'll try it again next payday when I can get some more wood. But, in the mean time, does anyone know how I can prevent this? I was thinking about putting down a sheet of vinal(sp) down on the workbench. Would that work or would it make a bigger mess? Any advice for experience would be appreciated.

Lyle

Back