• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

F16 look alike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

Hello, I am a newbie to the site, but I wanted to post some of the details of a plane I am working on.
It is only in CAD phase at the moment, but hopefully I will have approval and be starting construction within 12 months...
When I first started to build, I originally wanted to use 2 wing mounted nacelles, but found that achiveing an acceptable stall speed in a very small aircraft with this configuration was somewhat of a challenge.
I then switched to a single tail mounted unit, which gave me more flexibility to experiment, and before long I had a design that began to fit within my design specifications very well.
As the design took shape, I decided to play with the appearance, and before long I had a craft that looked very similar to the F16.
I have attached a .dwg file in .zip format for those who have a CAD app they might wish to veiw it with.
As always, any feedback, positive or negative is welcomed, (especially the negative, if constructive, as I'd rather be flamed in here than on the ground after a crash :p: )
Always better to ask a silly question than make a silly mistake...
Cheers...
:D

Attachments

• x-102.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 492
Back