• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another hello from Wisconsin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

While I've been a member since early 2008 (it appears, although I forgot I signed up), this is my first post to the group. I've read through some postings over the weekend and have enjoyed the content a lot.

I live in Marshfield, Wisconsin, in the center of the state. Beginning in the spring, a friend and I will begin co-building a pair of Barrows Bearhawk aircraft. For the uninitiated, the Bearhawk is a 2500 lb. high-wing tailwheel aircraft, metal wing, tube and fabric fuselage. We're looking forward to the experience. It's been a long time coming for the both of us, and we're excited about getting started. We plan to build for both floats and skis as well. Living in Wisconsin, one could get plenty of use from both!

I'm currently flying an Archer, while my friend flies a Stinson 108. He's got the jump on me on tailwheel time. But they're both economical fliers, so we should be able to fly and build at the same time.

I also have plans for a Super Cub replica from Light Miniature Aircraft, as well as the Spencer Air Car. At this point in time, the Bearhawk is the better aircraft for my needs. Perhaps later I will work on the others, although there are other aircraft that I love as well like the GP-4 and Osprey II.

Looking forward to reading more from you all.

Best regards,
Chris

Back