• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

F4U-ULM? replica or static display?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

I was looking around and I've found a strange webpage, it seems that someone is building F4U-ULM version, It's strange for me because, I've never ever seen a welded spar construction before. Unfortunately I don't speak French? So I'm wondering is that for static display? Any thoughts on this? Airfoil looks really strange too (pic 1).

link here
Corsair F4u Ulm - Construction amateur

Seb

Attachments

• cor1.jpg
    cor1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3,551
  • cor2.jpg
    cor2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,347
  • cor3.jpg
    cor3.jpg