• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

G'day from Newcastle, Australia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrider

Just the place I've been looking for.
I recently purchased a Pulsar XP in pieces from South Australia (around 1300km from home) and made the mistake of leaving the packing to the previous owner. When he secured the fuselage inside a steel frame he packed the rear end of the fuse on a cross beam around 800mm from a bulkhead and the tailwheel. Needless to say the fuselage self destructed on the journey to me.
So with a bitter taste in my mouth I decided that all was not completely lost and decided to design a 4130 tube airfame based on the Sonerai 2LTS (bought a full set of drawings sometime ago) and use the XP fuselage as a plug for a skin for the airframe and while I'm at it make the cockpit 6inches wider while I'm at it.
I have read quite a number of posts from other members with regard to scratch designing an aircraft and was stunned at the level of expertise of some members. With little or no experience with aircraft design fundamentals I hope the learned members will help to brighten up the gray areas of my project.

Cheers

Rob

skyrider

Back