• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

G'day from Wollongong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kmh001

Hi all. Another Aussie here.

I'm in the process of slowly educating myself on building aircraft at home and I'm grateful to be able to tap into wonderful resources such as this.

Still deciding on what to build, but after a year or so of deliberation I achieved my first milestone of choosing between composite or aluminium construction.

Don't have a high tolerance for monotony and the thought of banging several thousand rivets was a little discouraging, but nevertheless I've decided to go with metal.

The RV9 would be my first choice, but in Australia we pay about double the sticker price for imported gear and I'm not sure my finances extend that far.

The RANS S19 is second on my short list and if they ever get around to offering the Jab 3300 engine option I'll be all over it.

That leaves my third choice as the most likely candidate. It's a local design called the Morgan Cheetah. Think I'll start a thread about it to express some reservations I have and seek some opinions.

See you in the forums.

Mal

Back