• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rgunder is 10 miles east inbound...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgunder

Hello all,

As they say in radio, "long time listener first time caller." I guess in the case of a forum it should be amended: "long time reader, first time poster."

My name is Rich. I am a private pilot, aerospace engineer, and entrepreneur. I am not building yet, as I can't settle on the right design. The specs are simple, a lightweight wooden kit that stalls at 25 kts, cruises at 250 kts, and burns 1 gallon per hour :gig:. Actually, there are a number of kits out there that I would love to build (my current obsession is the RV-10), but I lean toward a design of my own.

I do have a day job (engineer), but my passion lies in my radio controlled airplane design company, Gunderson AeroDesign LLC, and my laser cutting company, Laser Edge. My long term goal is to parlay the cumulative experience of my flying, engineering, and business ventures into a company that brings some new and exciting general aviation designs to market. My short term goal is to participate in some of the great discussions that homebuiltairplanes.com has to offer, first and foremost in order to learn from those of you already in the trenches and secondly to help wherever I can.

I'll see you out there.

Back