• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Brazil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulgric

Hi to all,
my name is Ricardo, I'm 45 years old and a "retired" glider pilot since I don´t fly for about ten years.
I´m from Sâo Paulo, southeast of Brazil but now I´m living in the northeast, 3500 km far from home, in a very hot and dry place with amazing flying weather and lots, lots of thermals. This weather reactivate the flying virus and then I´m looking for some ultralight glider to build.
Why an ultralight? Well, mainly because we don´t have any tow planes around here. I have a 600 m high hill to bungee launch, from a hang glider ramp, and car towing or maybe is a possibility if I can build light enough.
I have some boat bulding experience, wood+epoxy etc. and a shop with a cnc cutting and milling machine ( ready to work soon) and other woodworking machines. Vaccum pumps for bagging and infusion, but I think working with composites it´ll be difficult because there are no plans available for modern gliders. So wooden antiques are the way to go. I´m thinking about the Duster or the Woodstock. A light bird like the ULF-1, from Dieter Reich is another option but I´d like to have a little less drag and a better glide ratio.
So, that's it. I´m happy to join your crew and, please, be patient with my poor English.
Brazilian greetings,
Ricardo

Back