• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Yep, another FNG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAdrenaline

Greatings from Spokane

Greetings!

Recently started a project designing my own sport aircraft. Its actually a scaled up version of my aerospace engineering senior design project. It was basically a 6' long UAV powered but an AMT turbojet and incorporated thrust vectoring. Obviously the cost of turbojets/fans are somewhat prohibitive so I doubt I'll be able to use them on my design. As such I'm looking to use a push-prop configuration at this time.

General design goals are as follows:

Vcruise: 200 KIAS
Vne: 250 KIAS
Vstall: <75 KIAS
G-Loading: +7/-3 Operationally (+10.5/-4.5 Design)
Fully Aerobatic
Carry 2 People in Tandem
Max R/C: >2500 fpm
Range: >600nm
Be able to T/O and Land in less than 3000 ft

I've attached 2 photos of my senior design project as well as a preliminary model of the aircraft I hope to build. Anyways, I look forward to hearing peoples' input as the design process continues.

-Nick

Attachments

• Hyperion1.jpg
    Hyperion1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 69
  • Hyperion2.jpg
    Hyperion2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Formation3.jpg
    Formation3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: