• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FNG with a dream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSCessnaDriver

Ok, so I'm the new guy here. I'm a college student, entering my second year of college. I'm in an aviation related major, and already have a pilots license. I'm looking to venture out, and decided that building an aircraft would be a way to do so.

Now, I've got a few questions. I know I need to join the EAA, which, I'm going to do shortly. I've got a plan in mind that I want to build Taylor Coot Amphibian, my only issue is the actual building. How much investment will be needed on my part to build this aircraft, and what skill is required to build this aircraft. I have some experience around the house doing work, re-siding the house, new windows, and have taken a shop class in high school. I know how to use the power tools, but is it wishful thinking on my part that I could build an aircraft??

Thanks for your help,
KSCessnaDriver

Back