• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Texas Parasol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Kidd

I don’t know if any of you have ever viewed the plans for a “Chuckbird” or “Texas Parasol” but I have recently done so. Quite simply I am amazed at the means of construction as well as the latitude of owner design modification aspects. Even more amazing is that Richard Lamb has released these plans to the public domain. I've also read that this was a Chuck Benson design and other's in San Antonio had built similar plans, hope someone here can enlighten me more.

I’m really going to do some thinking on this and look into the Yahoo Group for the “Texas Parasol” to see what they’ve been doing with the design. Lot of questions here I've since learned. Anyone else read about any of this?
JK

later edited due to reading finding additional information

Last edited:
Back