• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

quicksilver wing support ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secondarychaos

Hey guys,
I am building a quicksilver MX back up.
Im not sure how familiar you are with it, but here's a picture:
http://www.ultralightnews.ca/sails/images/mxarV02.JPG
Basically, the wing is held both up and down by wires. the wires support all the weight during flight, and the upper wires support the wing when it's sitting, or in negative g flight (which i dont think i'll be doing... )
What i was wondering is if i could replace the upper post and wires with a single post on each side? that way I could relocate the BRS from the rear axle (where it would shoot right into the prop) up to above the wings on the king post...
OR, could i replace all the wires with two poles on each wing? for the same effect, but removing all wires...
Throw in your ideas, please!
Dan

Back