• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 582 Replacing Rotary Valve Hoses Advice/Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Boss

Hello Guys,

I need to replace the Rotary Valve hoses that goes to the small tank reservoir. One of them has a crack and eaven that is no leaking, I want to replace both.

One RV hose run on the back of the magnetos plate and I have to remove that plate/bracket in order to have access to the clamp were is atached.

That plate/bracket is attached to the engine by four screws............ Two of does upper screws also hold the water outlet socket in his place so I will be carefull when removing does 2 screws.

So here are the questions:

Do the 2 remaining lower plate/bracket screws hold something else that the Magnetos plate? Or I just go ahead and remove them.

Any advise on doing this work? Do I need to remove something else to have access to that clamp/hose?

BTW, this Rotax 582 is a grey head, is top mounted on a Quicksilver UL and the spark plugs are facing up.

Thx for your time and help,

Isaac

Back