• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Some questions from a greenhorn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyesturnedskyward

Hi all,
I've just recently discovered this forum and I've been enjoying it and learning a lot.
I have some questions regarding t-88 glue. I've never built an airplane but I'm interested in the Pietenpol. I was wondering if t-88 is a really strong smelling glue because I live in a basement apartment and I don't want to have my landlord turn on me!
My thoughts were to buy the plans and enough stuff to build a few wing ribs just to see how it goes and I would like to do this in my room. Otherwise I'll buy the plans and just wait till I get a bigger place. I get the idea that there is no point in being in a hurry anyway because this will take a few years to do. I thought that I could build the smaller stuff and store it till I got a real shop someday.
Also I am curious, has anyone tried the piet on floats and how much water do you need for takeoff? Any comments/advice is appreciated, thanks in advance

Back