• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to Flush the 582 engine block (Changing Coolant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Boss

Guys,

Were I have the Ultralight we only have Hard Water, so I dont want to use a hose to put in on the radiator to flush all the system.

I was thinking on buying 5 gallons of driking water and try to flush it this way, but with the engine runing and the prop there, is a little risky

So the only thing to come to my mind is to disconect the hoese from the radiators to take out all the old coolant and poor the water from the 5 gallon driking water to flush the radiators (with the engine not running)

The thing is how do I change/remove the old coolant/water that is inside the 582 engine block?

Is there is a draining screw plug on the engine block?

Can somebody give me some advise?

BTW: I going to remove all the old coolant and I going to put new Texaco Extended Life Coolant that is Nitrate, Borate, Phosphate and Silicate FREE

This Texaco Extended Life Coolant is bright Red Color

Any coments?

THX,

Isaac

Back