• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

'Must have' Shop tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Armstrong

For you Tube and Fabric guys.

What power tools (or others) due you consider essential for your 'hanger shop'. I think a Drill press (the lower the RPM the better), bench top Grinder, a Sander (1", 4"? and a 6-8" disk?), TIG welder (one with low amps and a Pulser for the newer guys, Lincoln TIG 185?), and a Tube Notcher capable of notching 1/2" tube OVER 45 degrees (unless you use the grinder:).

I've already got a Grizzly Drill press capable of 140-3050rpm and a Delta variable speed 6' Bench Grinder. What else do I need to equipe my empty shop with to build a Tube and Fabric airplane? (Spacewalker II). Thanks

Mike

Back