• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

building durand MK V

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greentowtruck

Hi all I am starting a Durand MK V it is a 2 place all metal cabin biplane with a reverse (negative) stagger to the wings, full span flaps on both wings with spoilers for roll control on the lower wing. Also has a stabilator horizontal with full width trim tabs. I bought this project from a local EAA member who could not finish it. He already had all the wing ribs cut and flanges formed, most of the vertical stab and rudder parts formed and some of the rear fuselage/ horizontal/ vertical stab mounting parts formed. Also have most of the wing main spars. I will have alot of questions but will be posting more in the sheet metal forum

Back