• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expedition2166

ok here's whats going on i've been working on a flybaby bipe knock off it calls for 30-60 hp and weights out at a whoping 300lbs ( useing stikas but i chose white pine so she'll be a lil fat ) got 3 wings and tail feathers and was hopeing on getting the coffin built during the slow season ( summer ) well that was the plan heres the twist
i recently come across a ''big twin'' which is a little less than needed and along with that about 90 ft of 4130
now heres the part i need help on
i have no pilot license (although 100+ hours in a 150 and a champ ) so what i build needs to be legal 103 or close enough ;) been looking at something along the lines of the legal eagle i have close to enough metal to complete a fusealage and an engine that will be sufficent but no plans.!! i can sratch build the fuse from pics and the little tidbits of specs found through out the web but wings is the issue now i have a set of 7eca wings one with a compression crack but all ribs etc are perfect does any one know where the C.O.L is on those wings so i can place it on where it needs to be in relation to the C.O.G and the angle i should set the wing or should i just stick with the bipe
oh decisions decisions decisions :depressed

Back