• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SAL Mustang vs FEW (Legendary) aerodynamics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIIaCanuck

Hello all,

I've been researching a SAL Mustang project for some time now (info pack in 1989? I was 16 at the time, hence the time span). However, I'm using one of my old university programs (performance estimations) to dive in a bit deeper before I buy plans.

Essentially, I'm filling time until I have the space to start building and want to compare the SAL with the FEW/Legendary in low-mid-high power cruise conditions.

As a result, I'm looking for aerodynamic data on the NACA 747A315 airfoil used on the SAL and on the Roncz Special on the FEW.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm not likely to ever be in the market for a Legendary kit, but a SAL is definitely within my reach. From what I've heard, the SAL is a pretty nicely performing machine but wondered how the two compare.

I know the SAL has a lower Vne but flight testing info that I can obtain seems to indicate that it's pretty close to the FEW aerodynamically.

It'd be nice to see a couple fly head-to-head one day.

Stew

Back