• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi, I'm Dave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Well, I suppose I should introduce myself too... Everyone just calls me Dave. I am 43 and have been invloved with aviation most all of my life, although not always as deeply as I would have liked.
I live near Boise, Idaho and I have a degree in engineering, two daughters in college, private pilots license, A&P license and a small startup company called Owen Aircraft Services. I specialize in major damage repair, kit builder assistance, modifications, rebuilding and general engineering/fabrication. Business is slow as I am not well known yet and I often look for work among the auto racers, custom bike builders and auto restorers.
My current projects are (1) a completely new auto engine conversion based on the Subaru EA-81 engine. It includes an enclosed gear PSRU, fuel injection, an inline layout that resembles a lyc O-235 and possible upgrades for turbo and variable pitch prop.
Project (2) is a complete reproduction (not a replica) of a 1916 Curtis JN-4D that is currently just a bunch of pieces that dont look like an airplane yet (sorry no photos yet, but I will post some when it starts to look like an airplane). I have been working with the Smithsonian Institution and the Boeing museum of flight to make this project happen.
Projects (3-?) are several airplane designes that I hope some day might make it into kit production. Most prominent is a two place dual seat composite number with retractable gear that will likely use project #1 as an engine. Its intended to be a "poor man's Lancair" for lack or a better description... Think of a Pulsar or Kiss with retracts. I'm hoping for 200mph with the turbo and constant speed prop.
I hope to get to know many of you here and make some new friendships. If I can contribute in any way, just ask.

Back