• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Retractable Landing Gear ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Boat

Hello Everyone.

I have been messing around with a number of retractable gear designs and I am not that confident with my ideas, so I was hoping for a fresh approach.

First off, it does need to be retractable because it is an amphibious aircraft. Second I have been told to stick to tri-gear because the landings are simillar to seaplanes and I am not sure I am up to mastering a tail dragger.

The plan is a flying boat (hence the moniker) with the main gear in sponsons attached to the sides of the hull and the nose gear retracting up into the bow.

If anyone has any thoughts or sources it would sure help me out.

Thanx:)

Back