• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another interesting engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Found this recently in an automotive forum. I thought I knew just about every oddball, cam-driven engine out there and then I saw this: 8 cylinder, two row, 4stroke, cam-driven radial by Marchetti.
Note the big rockers /links that hold the cam followers against the cams and the assymetric cam profile. (Can anyone make a guess as to how the piston is pulled down on th intake stroke?) I would love to see one of these up-close. The greast thing about these 2-lobed cam drives is, of course, smoothness and balance and the fact that it goes through all its 4 strokes in one revolution. I.e. twice the torque for a given number of revs. Perfect for driving props. I thought the Fairchild-Caminez was neat, but this looks even more interesting. I want one.

Attachments

• marchetti-motor.jpg
    marchetti-motor.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Back