• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

business prospect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC135DELTA

Hello again everyone,

I've made posts here before about the spending of money in aviation but never the makeing of it. My idea is simple: Giving pilots who arn't millionaires or master craftsmen the ability to fly a decent distance at a decent speed with a decent cost in a certified airplane (I know this forum is not about certified aircraft but this corner of aviation is one of the few where the pilots know their mechanics very well). So here is what I had in mind.

- 1,000 pound useful load
- 200knots - more if possible
- simple retracts
- room for 4 adults comfortably with baggage or 6 in high density
- stall speed of 45-50knots
- conventional construction with aluminum
- conventional engine - I was thinking 250-300 hp.
- extensive use of low drag aerodynamics to maximise the performance
- 800-1,000 miles of range.

Essentially I was thinking a very slick low drag fuse attached to a slick wing (I was thinking low wing) with the wing haveing some features you see on stol aircraft such as a large flaps *leading and trailing to maximise low speed performance without sacrificing the high speed cruise also. I've had my mind on weights but I don't want to set anything in stone so we will just develop those as we go to best fit us. Also the avionics would be kept simple with options to upgrade to glass or whatever mix best suits the customer.

Anyone interested?

Edit: I was thinking we could incorperate some of the simpler enhancements that you see on experimental aircraft to help pull it above the rest.

Last edited:
Back