• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Scrap Fabric Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

There is a fabric guy at the airport, and going through his trash I found an old cover. I decided to cut and weigh it. It was off a J3 Cub and he was not there so I do not know what it is, but it was not cotton. I think the pink showing is a clue though.

It was .015 thick
Weighs 1.4 oz/sq ft......= 12.6 oz/sq yard.

IMG_20170818_140731.jpgIMG_20170818_143938.jpg

Back