• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenair STOL 701 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Putting up this notice for a friend. It is not my aircraft, I have no financial interest in this at all. But it is a homebuilt aircraft that should be of interest to the folks on HBA, it meets the LSA rules, and it is a known good design that is safe for its intended purpose.

A friend of mine in the Las Vegas NV area has a Zenair 701 airframe rebuild project for sale. It has flown. There is moderate damage to the airframe from a hard landing. Comes with an extra wing to replace the wing that was damaged. Firewall was damaged and removed... you will be building and patching in a new firewall. Landing gear was damaged, the seller has a line on a replacement main landing gear for it. ALL parts for this aircraft are available from Zenith.

It is a repair and rebuild airframe project. There is no engine, "FWF", or instrumentation included in this sale. However, I believe the price of this will be very attractive, somewhere LESS than $5500. The CH-701 can use the Rotax 582, Rotax 912, and Simonini Victor 2 engines. The seller also has a line on a Franklin 4A-120 4 stroke engine (NOT included with sale) that would be an excellent choice for this aircraft.

The seller has further information, photos, etc. on this that he will share with interested buyers.

Contact Bill Reid, seven zero two ($! five eight one (){: two zeeero two too

Back