• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

elevons or elevators and ailerons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

herbert

I'm interested in a configuration not unlike a long eze except more like a powered glider whereby the canard is full span (equal to the wingspan) .. if the center of lift is therefore near the trailing edge of the foreplane I'm assuming that elevators on the foreplane are too close too this point and would therefore either need to be very large or else they will be ineffective. I'm considering a configuration.where the separation between the foreplane and the wing is about one chordlength, but if it is less with some vertical stagger what can I expect? I'm assuming the only realistic control surface choice is to have elevons on the wing at the tips which are swept unlike the foreplane and therefore a sensible distance from the center of lift. Obviously a full span canard takes the center of lift forward so too the center of gravity but that is hopefully attainable by virtue of the smaller engine size hung on the back..any thoughts on the placement of the control surfaces or the placement of the wing roots (with overlap or not) I'm all ears .. cheers

Back