• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What is on US pilot certificates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12notes

Supporting Member
I've searched Google for an hour looking for what jet is on the front of the pilot certificate, but the only answer I could find about the aircraft pictured on the front of the US pilot certificate was a press release that stated it had images of the Wright Flyer and a "Boeing jet aircraft." I can't really make out which one from the picture, it's a twin engine with long pods on the wings, but that doesn't really define any of them.

I did discover that the struts on the Wright Flyer and the spars on the Wright Glider on the back have tiny words printed on them. It's a speech from the "Centennial of Flight" kick off event at the National Air and Space Museum in 2002. It continues on their collars, but the text and signature pad are printed over it, so I can only read fragments of the back. Here's what I saw, anyway.

"Without question, flight is represented by countless heroes who have stirred greatness in others. It was a dream that had been waiting to be realized for thousands of years, and chased by countless visionaries, scholars and brave souls. But even as the mass of collected knowledge came to a crucial turning point, it was not until the ingenuity of the Wright Brothers that the puzzle of powered flight was solved. Discovery requires deep understanding, constant interpretation of knowledge and unbridled persistence. And it's when these qualities come together...defining moments true achievements occur. The Wright Brothers are among a league of heroes that inspired the world to follow their dreams with passion, courage, and resolve. Representing these unique individuals whose achievements are..."
"...ville and Wilbur Wright. Thousands of hours of research, experiment.."
"...ation and that led to the ...tial success...the Wright Brothers first flight. Like..."
"...The Wright brothers..."
"...dream world."
"...hard work and a commitment to..."
"...for almost..."
"...of flight to ..."
"... seek a better understanding of..."

So which Boeing is it, and can anybody piece together the full quote on the back?

Back