• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

turn her into the wind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Was down in the basement working on planes and listened to the wind blowing at least 61 mph today here in the Dakotas and my thoughts went out to those planes tied up out side. I said "Whew" to myself thinking of the one Ag Cat tied up in some tree's near the farm house south of me. Then there my mind went again back to a time I watched how two men handled the problem. We where in Minn. and a similar storm arose, and we had a blue and white Cessna Ag-Wagon tied up down the road at a good farmer friend house. I was watching most all this from the cab of Dads ford and at times I still see it happening:) Dad untied the Wagon and fired it up and turned her into the wind and I mean the rain was hammering and the wind was unreal. That old Cessna did just what you think, bounced up and down and looked like one hell of a trail ride. Farmer Warden after awhile pulled his Simi and trailer up in front and Dad and they tied her down close to it. I think deep in Dad's heart he wanted to go back in the Wagon for some more ride, him and Jim laughed many times over morning coffee over that blow..:silly:

Back