• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Skybolt Project - Fuse on gear - parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemGuy

I am finally realizing I just dont have the time, or wont make the time, to finish this Steen Skybolt project I bought. There will also be some potential move stuff in my future, so I am putting it up for sale.

I bought the Fuse as it sits ~2years ago from an A&P in Denver. He worked with the original builder on welding it up. I have measured it and it looks good and straight. Welds look good. Light surface rust on tubes. Needs cabanes and fuse structure is done.

It comes with a lot of parts. Instruments are in. I believe he was planning on a sliding type canopy, based on the way he cut the instrument panels. I bought an Al sheet metal turtle deck and rails that would use an RV8 sliding canopy for this. Also have original fiberglass turtle deck.

Has brand new cleveland wheels, brakes, master cylinders. I picked up some new flying wires from another builder here 18 months ago. Still need landing wires and struts. The tail is complete with flying wires (streamlined).

Has 540 motor mount with it. Lots of rod ends, tubing, al former stock, some covering materials (older so ???).

last year I bought 3 of the steen wing rib jigs for top, bottom and ailerons. I was going to use these base jigs to make all the ribs and use Pitts style compression ribs. I also got a lot of 1/4 cap strip from Aircraft spruce and some 3/4 and 5/8 for these ribs. I got a sheet with all the main gussets and a couple plywood nose ribs from steen for a guide. I have some gusset ply and nose rib birch ply from A/S as well.

Give someone a good start on building a nice Skybolt.

Project is in the ATL area. Some delivery within SE area or meet up might be possible. Also I may be able to haul it North to N IN/ SW Michigan area in a couple months.

Asking $5,300 OBO for all of. trying not to part it out just yet.

Dan
d2racing at yahoo dot com or pm me here.

5yuwzc.jpg

28uitkh.jpg

25ztf7c.jpg

10o3b0i.jpg

15s574m.jpg

2r5t5pd.jpg

Back