• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

4130 Tubing Sources?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearHawk747

I'm building a BearHawk and I've been comparing prices on 4130 tubing for the fuse.

Wick's seems to be pretty pricey. 5/8" tubing with .120 wall thickness lists for $4.67/ft here.

I found a place called the Chassis Shop that sells the same tube for $2.52/foot here.

They are both MILT 6736 - 4130 tubing. Is there any reason not to use the cheaper tubing? Is there something better about the Wick's stuff that justifies the +$2.00/foot?

Safety is a top priority for me, so I'm not going to skimp on the quality of materials to save money. But, if both sources are identical, I don't see any reason to spend an extra ~$1,000 for all the tubing I will have to buy.

Does anyone use a different resource for tubing, or is Wick's pretty much the standard?

Back