• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Brake Line Standoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

Since just zip-tying the brake lines to the gear legs wasn't complicated enough for some members of our chapter Waiex build team I made some waaaaay overthought standoffs.

They came out pretty neat and worked great so I thought I'd post some pictures.

20170227_150629_resized.jpg 20170227_150345_resized.jpg

Brake Line Mount4 exp.jpg Brake Line Mount4.jpg The brake line fits into the horizontal grove on the big piece, rotates 90 deg's and snaps/locks on to the brake line. Then the little piece snaps/locks over the brake line in the grove. (the CAD work was a lot of fun (if you enjoy CAD work))

20170227_150520_resized.jpg 20170227_150559_resized.jpg They're pretty small so printing 6 sets of them (three per leg) on high quality only took a few hours.

---------

20170227_150907_resized.jpg I tried a few simple and elegant, one piece versions but decided the two piece version was better.

There's never a dull moment when you have a new tool... :gig:

Back