Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick References for the homebuilder

Re: Quick References for the homebuilder

I've also got what I call "Shopsheets", containing commonly needed information, available on my web page:

http://www.wanttaja.com/shopsheets/index.html

Ron Wanttaja

2. Likes BJC, Topaz, Bohne liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=lr27;371616]I can read it accurately enough, but they're fuzzy enough that I don't want to.[QUOTE]

Yes, most of the ones with small print are hard to read. My suggestion is that anyone who wants to save them on their computer, go to https://www.mscdirect.com/FlyerView?...alogs/big-book .They can go to each section of the catalog and look at the first few pages and find most of the charts I posted. A few may take a little searching to find. Then they can print them or save them as they wish. At any rate, if you are a tool junkie like me, or a novice trying to understand different drill points or tap types, then do a little perusing of the virtual catalog and learn a few things.

Everything I post is just my misguided personal opinion !
    Look for Torque and you will find HP !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLzazkIc8A

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you shoot the better resolution versions to me via email attachments, I will dump them on my webserver, and then you can post links to those or that directory here.

Is there an online form to order the print version of the MSC big book catalog?

I was looking earlier today and couldn't find it.
    Last edited by choppergirl; February 18th, 2017 at 02:23 AM.
    CHOPPERGIRL@AIR-WAR.ORG ~ Dorothy ~ Alice ~ Flying with Christina ~ Unchained Melody ~ Titanium ~ Follow Me ~ Facebook ~ Shenanigans
    My Six Swords of Freedom: disobedience defiance resistance revolution sedition & sabotage
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. By definition, those that obey, must be slaves.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by choppergirl View Post
    If you shoot the better resolution versions to me via email attachments, I will dump them on my webserver, and then you can post links to those or that directory here.

Is there an online form to order the print version of the MSC big book catalog?

I was looking earlier today and couldn't find it.
    Like I said, I have an older catalog so I haven't kept up with the availability of the print version. It is such a large book that it has to be expensive to publish, so they may do online only now. Its much easier to flip thru a book when you are just looking for nothing in particular. I would give them a call and see if you can get one. It would be invaluable to anyone who doesn't have direct experience with tools and tooling. By that, I mean someone who has worked in a trade for a living. Things like drill types and materials are explained, where to most people a drill is just a drill. Knowing and seeing whats available for many different types of tools helps a lot.

The copies I have were scanned a long time ago when home scanners were not as good as todays units. I opened some of the fuzzy small print ones and as I enlarge them on my computer they become clear. If you will send me a private email with an email address other than your private HBA, I will forward the references directly to you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wingint took the time to make high resolution scans of all his MSC Chart HBA uploads above... and emailed them to me to host on my webserver.. so no more fuzzy reading.

You can find them all and several more here:

http://build.air-war.org/MSC Big Book Catalog - Charts/

You can click on them directly to display in your webbrowser, or right click on each file link and chose "Save as..." to save on your own computer, and open later in an image viewer.

If anybody needs to put some big files on the web (reference or otherwise) that would be useful to all, just email them to me (choppergirl@air-war.org), and I'll find a place for them and shoot you back a URL to it.
    Last edited by choppergirl; February 19th, 2017 at 03:33 PM.
    CHOPPERGIRL@AIR-WAR.ORG ~ Dorothy ~ Alice ~ Flying with Christina ~ Unchained Melody ~ Titanium ~ Follow Me ~ Facebook ~ Shenanigans
    My Six Swords of Freedom: disobedience defiance resistance revolution sedition & sabotage
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. By definition, those that obey, must be slaves.

7. Likes Fred in Wisc liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by choppergirl View Post
    Wingint took the time to make high resolution scans of all his MSC Chart HBA uploads above... and emailed them to me to host on my webserver.. so no more fuzzy reading.

You can find them all and several more here:

http://build.air-war.org/MSC Big Book Catalog - Charts/

You can click on them directly to display in your webbrowser, or right click on each file link and chose "Save as..." to save on your own computer, and open later in an image viewer.

If anybody needs to put some big files on the web (reference or otherwise) that would be useful to all, just email them to me (choppergirl@air-war.org), and I'll find a place for them and shoot you back a URL to it.
    Nice charts thanks Chopper girl
    KR-2, Taylor Mono,

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    While I laud your intentions and effort, the HBA server is downsampling these to a smaller size, which is what it's set up to do. The smaller type is pretty much illegible.

You'd do better to scan them to PDF and put them up in a folder on Dropbox (or Box, Drive, OneDrive, etc.), and put a public link to that folder in your post here.
    Can you either reopen my first post so that I can put a note at the top and just direct people to skip to Chopper girls #20 post where they can get to high resolution versions of the references, or if its easier, just add a note yourself. Thanks !

Registered User Little Scrapper's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Choppergirl. Nice job. Thank you.