• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Welding Rods and Wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winginit

As most everyone who welds knows, consumables usually aren't cheap. I want to buy some more Tig rods and have an assortment of sizes. I usually use ER70S-2 . The question though is what brand to buy and where to buy it from.

The local dealers all carry the well known names and the prices reflect that names quality. Then there is Ebay, with brands like Blue Demon and other unknown (to me) names. Has anyone tried these lesser known names and what results have you had with them? Many of the things I weld with Tig don't need lots of structural strength, so I'm sure lesser names will do fine for them. Then there are the other occasions where I do want structural strength. I may buy rods specifically for those welds when needed. What experiences have other Tig and Mig welders had with the lesser known (off brand) rods and wire ?

Weldcote,Eastwood,Blue Demon,Oxford,INETIG,Hampdon,Radnor,Pinnacle

Last edited:
Back