• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cuyuna 430 Redrive Search

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnstormer

Howdy All;

I have a Cuyuna 430 for a Cloud Dancer Jenny that I am restoring. Unfortunately, the redrive is a 3:1 Winters planetary drive. These apparently developed quite the reputation for freezing up, seizing up and ejecting the prop in flight.

I am looking for a fairly low profile/short height compact belt drive of about 2.9:1 that will fit the front of a Cuyuna 430/ULll-02.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find something? Multi belt or cog belt; it doesn't matter.

I seem to recall that Cuyuna made a gear drive for a time; has anyone had any experience with those? What about adapting a provision 4 Rotax B box with an adapter plate? I have heard of that but have no first hand knowledge of how well it worked.

Thanks for any help, advice or leads.

Back