Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Harrison Ford in the news again

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Harrison Ford in the news again

Version without the ads and commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBqgmsxC8Q

The airliner is still rolling underneath him when he passes over it, it wasn't like it was sitting there waiting the whole time and he flew over it.

2. Likes Little Scrapper, bmcj liked this post
    Registered User Little Scrapper's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 12notes View Post

The airliner is still rolling underneath him when he passes over it, it wasn't like it was sitting there waiting the whole time and he flew over it.
    Thanks.

Registered User Little Scrapper's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    It's an airport surveillance video released by TMZ: Mainstream news is doing their best to sensationalize nothing..."He landed on the wrong taxiway!!" and "This was a near tragic event!!"

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/21/harris...taxiway-video/
    If it potentially puts people's lives in danger I think it's a big deal, I suppose the FAA will determine that. This isn't blowing over.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Airplanes fly over airplanes on the ground all the time, DTW is a good example. They depart Rwy 21R and planes are on taxiway "J" and "T" They also land 4R, depart 22L with planes on taxiway "Q" been doing it for years. Had there been evasive action to avoid a collision, yep, big deal.

The court of public opinion carries little weight. Harrison Ford has a team of lawyers. The FAA isn't all that good at enforcement. They can go to all out battle or the FAA can settle with an administrative action, a warning letter or letter of correction. the latter is what I think will happen as I imagine Harrison Ford will show a constructive attitude, agree to some dual instruction with an instructor of his choice, might not even involve flying. Just review airport markings, signage, etc. The FAA will issue a "Letter of Correction" letter which will remain on file 2 yrs then be eligible for expunction, case closed. It could go to 49USC 44709 which is a re-examination but that is usually reserved for times when metal gets bent. Whatever happens will not be reported in mainstream media cause they will have moved on to the next hot topic of the day, a Hollywood wardrobe malfunction, a gender confused woman peeing in the mens room or some other atrocity.
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hi+.” ― W.C. Fields

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If he filed a NASA report he should get off, and the press will probably report that because he "cooperated with the authorities" no charges will be filed.

Dana

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An ASRS report sent to NASA within 10 days may or may not help. I certainly wouldn't be waving that in my hand during initial contact with the feds cause this particular infraction may be considered lack of basic competency for the certificates held and the FAA may invite the airman for a 709 ride.
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hi+.” ― W.C. Fields

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The video appears he didn't actually overfly the airliner. The airliner stopped as he went by in front. No doubt yielding to landing traffic as all pilots do. If he was overhead the airliner could not see him. Looked perhaps a 100 feet above or more.
    A second airline was holding in position for takeoff on 20R.

So where was the taxiing airline cleared to? If the airliner was cleared by ground and heading to a hold at runway 20L then Harrison would have also flown almost directly over the airline anyway if he landed correctly on 20L. How close is the hold short line at 20L to the runway?

9. Likes Battler Britton liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

from Turd
    >>>Airplanes fly over airplanes on the ground all the time, DTW is a good example. They depart Rwy 21R and planes are on taxiway "J" and "T" They also land 4R, depart 22L with planes on taxiway "Q" been doing it for years. Had there been evasive action to avoid a collision, yep, big deal.

I accept what Turd says as he's still out there; I been gone since 04. But it looks to me that the difference in Mr Ford's situation and the routine ops like at DTW that over fly other planes is that he apparently wasn't cleared to fly the route that overflew the Boeing (to land on the taxiway). Had he landed on the correct runway the clearance might still have been close but supposedly on ATC. Of course I don't know what the actual details will show or what the finding/consequences will be. Lotta confusion...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This one is being made out as more than what it is because who it is. You know the hollywood media like TMZ will eat their own if they can make it sensational. Like I wrote earlier, Mr Ford will get the certified letter and he will learn a lesson. Don't feel the need to hit the quote button but everything turd wrote in post #124 I'm onboard with.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

>>>a Hollywood wardrobe malfunction

I've always liked most of the wardrobe malfunctions.

13. Likes bmcj liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin N View Post
    This one is being made out as more than what it is because who it is. You know the hollywood media like TMZ will eat their own if they can make it sensational. Like I wrote earlier, Mr Ford will get the certified letter and he will learn a lesson. Don't feel the need to hit the quote button but everything turd wrote in post #124 I'm onboard with.
    Kinda the FAA version of "catch and release" huh! Seriously though, Ford is a well known voice in aviation with many friends and a proven record of acting responsibly. I imagine he will get the minimum penalty because it was an honest mistake and that's all the situation calls for.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdY9s9kxv14

Everything I post is just my misguided personal opinion !
    Look for Torque and you will find HP !

Registered User Battler Britton's Avatar
    Montpellier,LFNG most of the time and Fontainebleau(shop) France
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 12notes View Post

after wiewing that video...I'm quite surprise....where is realy the trouble?..
    OK, taxiway, but where is the called potential crash?
    Acording me, it is a storm in a glass of water....

poor Harrisson... I'm sad for him!