• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flutter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pictsidhe

I'm seriously considering wing warping. Wing with a normal amount of bending stiffness, but very little torsional stiffness.
Conventional wings have bending frequency much lower than torsional. Mine won't, so some of the conventional flutter assumptions won't work well.
I can avoid divergence if the shear centre is in front of the 1/4 chord. I'm fairly sure of that.
For flutter, normal wings avoid flutter up to 'infinite' speed if the cg is in front of the 1/4 chord. But I suspect that I need my CG in front of the 1/4 chord and also in front of the shear centre?

Back