Thread: Inbox

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Inbox

Looking at my inbox I see a bunch of stored messages listed and a button to empty the stored mesage folder which I don't want to do til review. How do I access the stored messages I can't fiind any way. Thx Joe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Inbox

Did you ever figure out what was going on? It doesn't sound like anything I've seen.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not yet

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By "stored", the system just means that they're in your inbox/outbox. There is no separate place to "store" them. So all the messages you see there in your inbox? Those are the "stored" ones. They're "stored" on the forum, as opposed to having been deleted.

The dialog Rockie is talking about is way down at the bottom of the private messages area. When you click on the button to delete "stored" messages, it's a shortcut way to completely empty out your inbox, rather than having to select them all one-by-one. You have to delete sent messages separately.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau

Design Project: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider
    Discussion Thread for the Project: Discussion: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider

5. Likes bmcj liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    By "stored", the system just means that they're in your inbox/outbox. There is no separate place to "store" them. So all the messages you see there in your inbox? Those are the "stored" ones. They're "stored" on the forum, as opposed to having been deleted.

The dialog Rockie is talking about is way down at the bottom of the private messages area. When you click on the button to delete "stored" messages, it's a shortcut way to completely empty out your inbox, rather than having to select them all one-by-one. You have to delete sent messages separately.
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I didn't recognize it because the functional link at the bottom of my screen says "Empty Folder" with no mention of the word "stored".

On the plus side, you did force me to look and I now see that there is a "Download all Private Messages as: XML | CSV | Text " button (link) that I had never seen before. My mailbox was getting fairly saturated with messages that I wanted to keep. Now I can download my messages and then empty my inbox so that I don't have to worry about exceeding capacity. Thanks!