• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Garmin 330ES - Pirep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMann

NOTE: Composite Aircraft Issue.
Aluminum aircraft appear to be exempt

I’m following a thread on the Velocity group where a builder upgraded to the Garmin 330ES and is experiencing a rhythmic pattern where he is getting interference in his Bose headset every time the ADS-B transmitter fires.

I am curious as to whether or not this is a common issue with this particular unit.
The pilot reports that the headset does not even need to be plugged in to experience the interference.
The issue does not occur in standby mode.

As I am getting close to installing ADS-B out and am currently narrowing down my selection options (for my Velocity) it would be good to know if Garmin should be avoided. This does not appear to be an issue for the aluminum aircraft such as Vans, etc.

Input?

Back