• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Covering: Dacron VS. Ceconite and best way to apply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am completely new to homebuilding any kind of aircraft that can fly a human, but i have considerable experience with radio control model building. I have a Butterly Aero Banty ultralight that needs to be covered. What is the best covering that is cost effective and reliable? I have looked into Dacron and Ceconite and i am not sure which is better. Any advice on applying the covering is highly appreciated as well, as I would love to do it right the first time. I have been reading a bit about reinforcing tape and rib lacing, as well as adhesives and coatings. So far i have not been able to find much solid information for noobs. What is recommended for adhesives and coatings? Any information is highly appreciated.

Back