• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pajno's Light AIrplane and Glider Static and Dynamic Stability book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plncraze

Supporting Member
I wanted to post a few brief comments about Vittorio Pajno's book "Light Airplane and Glider Static and Dynamic Stability." I was about to call it his latest work but he has a new book on Cumulous' website http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books/Pajno/SailplaneDesignExample.htm As with Pajno's previous work on sailplane design the translation is sometimes reminiscent of Google Translate but for a limited market book like this that is probably to be expected. The references in the back of the book are not numbered but the author refers to them frequently "ref. 4" or "ref. 3, 9 and 11" but when you look at the refs you find that some apparently are not included in his number line. You then must try to figure out which ones are which. The reason that I emphasize the references is due to the author's exhortation that the reader must have all the references available?!

There is a bright side to this though and that is once you have figured out his references and dealt with the translations you have a book which will give you worked examples of stability calcs, designing control surfaces and dealing with some of the math that goes with it. He also covers stick force and throw.

Back