• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Can anyone comment on a Flightstar sc II?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Still looking around, found a Flightstar II not too far from a customer's facility I will be visiting Wednesday. Anyone have one and would like to comment on flight characteristics? This one has the blue head 582 Rotax installed, and the SC covers for the cockpit. Also, it is supposedly a two place. As I have no desire to fly with two (my wife won't even ride on my bike with me, and with her in the car the "Married to a GPS" jokes are too accurate anyway), I'd pull the one seat (is that even legal? Assume a single place is a single place, even if it started out as a twin seat Pt. 103.....?). I doubt that it makes Pt 103 weight....saw a few websites which claim some do, I imagine that most are flown as fat 103's.

Still....an interesting bird, and few bad comments about it. Wiki says nice things, but shows the SC II at over 350 lbs. Comments and data would be much appreciated. If this falls thru, will still be trying for the Aeronca Chief I have been looking at. Wintertime, things go slow, may not be able to do much about the Chief until spring.

Derswede

Back