• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Gussets between horizontal members -Fire wall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddK

Supporting Member
When assembling the fuselage, horizontal members are typically placed on glued clusters. My understanding is that much of the strength comes from the gussets.
Some planes glue the fuselage horizontal members to the gusset the covers the cluster. Others skip the gusset on the inside and glue directly to the wood.

Which is over stronger? I have included a drawing of my front station -Firewall- to show were the gusset would go. The engine is going to be hanging here and not killing my self is a top priority. I will take musings, or even better what you did on your airplane.

thumbnail_20170116_071825.jpg

Back