• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EAA Chap 23 in Salt Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

Last year I relocated from Alaska to Idaho then to Utah, and just barely started getting involved in the local EAA Chapter. IT'S AWESOME!!! The meetings I've been to so far have been well attended with a lot of nice people and there is a weekly lunch meeting at Apollo Burger in North Salt Lake that usually has a minimum of 5 guys attending. There were at least 15 there yesterday and after lunch a lot of them go to the nearby airport and work on planes. I got a tour of a couple hangars and got to watch my first vacuum bagging of a composite part. The guy doing the composite part is rebuilding a Mooney Mite with a wood wing and making a cowling for it. Didn't think to take pictures but the cowling was made from molds and looked really pretty.

This chapter has a lot of builders and a lot of completed airplanes. The knowledge base is obviously pretty deep and I'm excited to meet more people and hopefully bum some rides. Anyway for those of you in the area come check it out.

edit:

I should add that the chapter website isn't very up to date. Phone calls to the chapter officers are recommended to get current info on what's going on.

Last edited:
Back