Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ FLAP HANDLE. www.ezflaphandle.com/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

EZ FLAP HANDLE. www.ezflaphandle.com/

Anybody heard of this product?
    Looks like a very creative and useful tool for helping manipulate manual flaps.
    Looks like it would be a very worthwhile purchase and greatly improve safety.
    Sure looks like you could use the flaps more efficiently and safely, doesn't it?

http://www.ezflaphandle.com/

Wish I knew how to post the video.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: EZ FLAP HANDLE. www.ezflaphandle.com/

If I'm not mistaken, someone on this forum is very familiar with this product.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau

Design Project: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider
    Discussion Thread for the Project: Discussion: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Flyer View Post
    Anybody heard of this product?
    Looks like a very creative and useful tool for helping manipulate manual flaps.
    Looks like it would be a very worthwhile purchase and greatly improve safety.
    Sure looks like you could use the flaps more efficiently and safely, doesn't it?

http://www.ezflaphandle.com/

Wish I knew how to post the video.
    Did Victor Bravo put you up to this?

BJC

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, I have to know one thing:

...Who's the blonde?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As much as it would be an absolutely delightful opportunity for twirling a long black moustache with a maniacal evil laugh, I did not put him up to it. Since this is an experimental airplane forum, it is not appropriate for me to spend much of anyone's time talaking about it. There are two types of homebuilts that this product is used on (one experimental Pacer and a few Bearhawks), but the people in both of those "markets" already know where to find me. Jake was kind enough to allow me to participate on this forum, but he asked that I do not use this forum to advertise or promote the product.

I get in enough trouble on the other av forums for the discussions about it, and I get in enough trouble on this forum staying on topic anyway

Anyone with an experimental Pacer, Javelin V-6 STOL, or Bearhawk is free to discuss this with me offline.

Oh yes.... the blonde. The current model in my video and advertising is Candace, a family friend, local yoga instructor, and is engaged to be married. We have fended off numerous proposals and other !(#*+ REDACTED !(#*% inquiries. None of you mugs have a chance.

The original blonde was also a friend, a successful movie producer (don't ask), and was married to a good friend of mine who was lost in a HBA accident in 2009.
    "Everything in this book may be wrong."
    Richard Bach, Illusions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HBA is my best bang for the buck advertising wise. Sold 4 last year. You know what they say about making a small fortune in aviation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You guys are funny.
    I just learned of this product yesterday and thought it was a creative idea.
    I always had a hard time with manual flaps and looking outside the plane, so if I had a plane, I'd buy one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Flyer View Post
    You guys are funny.
    I just learned of this product yesterday and thought it was a creative idea.
    I always had a hard time with manual flaps and looking outside the plane, so if I had a plane, I'd buy one.
    Buy one now, start looking for an airplane to attach to it.

BJC

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

VB, not sure what conversation you had with Jake, but IMHO it would be perfectly fine and appropriate for you to put the occasional "ad post" in the "Supplier Manufacturer Announcements" section. Your product is definitely aviation- and homebuilt-related and that's exactly what that section is for. I've put an ad for my soaring t-shirts there once in a blue moon (reminds me - I should do another one soon.), and the world didn't end.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau

Design Project: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider
    Discussion Thread for the Project: Discussion: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote BJC "Buy one now, start looking for an airplane to attach to it."

I like your way of thinking.
    I've used that method several times over the years for something I'd like to have.
    That way you keep focused on your dream and possibilities open up.
    Perhaps I better start with a tiny plane model. Wait...I already have a tiny plane and tiny runway that I bought from Sporty's years ago.

11. Likes BJC liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well this is even further off-topic perhaps, but...

I'm guessing that Jake is in touch with the other "heads of state" on other av forums, and they discuss the problems or characters they have to deal with. When the product in question was launched in 2009, and for a few years afterward, there have been numerous epic discussions and more or less flame wars over this product. I am partially at fault for this, because (as the inventor who put his heart in it) when someone disparaged the product without having tried it it felt like a punch in the gut. I was 100% guilty of "returning fire when attacked", and I was indeed known for being able to hold off five or six different assailants at one time.

This of course had the effect of me being covered in the same mud as everyone else, instead of rising above it like experienced business folk do. The upshot of it all was that everyone finally understood that my little idea actually worked, and that my wild-sounding claims were true, but it gave me a checkered reputation that lingers to this day on one or two other forums.

Actually, I "embraced it" and channeled the late great Gorgeous George, because as they say "there's no such thing as bad press". In return for the gray hair and 1500 PSI blood pressure that those epic discussions gave me, I got my message out to a large number of airplane owners at no financial cost. Not sure whether I won or lost that one, but I have indeed just surpassed 300 units in the field, and have maintained a 95% customer satisfaction rate, against a "full refund if you're not overjoyed with it" policy that never expires.

So when I sent in the membership application for HBA, Jake asked that I did not use my username or avatar from the other forum(s) on HBA, presumably in the hope that I did not cause any of the trouble here that had happened elsewhere.

I believe there are so few homebuilts that genuinely benefit from this product like the certified airplanes do, that I just wanted to keep the apples and oranges in separate boxes.

Besides, some of you guys probably don't know this, but (overall) HBA is on the "high IQ" end of the aviation forum world, and a couple of the other forums where these discussions took place are (overall) very much in the shallower end of the IQ pool. I must admit that I'm the type who enjoyed Dick Cavett and Mort Sahl a little more than Hee Haw.
    Richard Bach, Illusions

13. Likes Terrh liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo View Post
    Well .... HBA is on the "high IQ" end of the aviation forum world, and a couple of the other forums where these discussions took place are (overall) very much in the shallower end of the IQ pool....
    I know that some of you would like to see the average IQ here go up even more, but I'm not leaving. Sorry.

BJC

15. Likes bmcj, Chris In Marshfield liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    I know that some of you would like to see the average IQ here go up even more, but I'm not leaving. Sorry.

BJC
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

Dale
    N319WF

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good to see a successful aircraft product like this. (little biased because I do DER work on these types of projects and many don't make it because the STC process can be tedious... so I love seeing the successful ones)

18. Likes Topaz liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My DER (Bob Halvorson in Los Angeles) and the FAA ACO team (Long Beach) were all truly wonderful to me during certification. I tell people that and they are shocked, but it's true. Perhaps they took pity on a poor airport bum in a T-hangar, or perhaps they looked at the invention and agreed that it really was a worthwhile safety upgrade. I like to think it was the latter During PMA, the MIDO team at Van Nuys were also very very supportive. They were impressed that I managed to make it redundant and not prevent or affect the "normal" use of the original flap system. Even though I had a relatively easy and battle-free time with the process, I came away with a clear understanding that this process is not for the faint of heart. I also came away with a great respect for why the process is the way it is.
    Richard Bach, Illusions

20. Likes harrisonaero liked this post