Thread: Emeraude plans for study

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Emeraude plans for study

I am looking into building an Emeraude, I have heard that they take a while to build, because of the roundish wing, so want a set of plans (used?) to just study.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Emeraude plans for study

They are wood so can't be that difficult. Start with a big piece and cut away everything that does't look like an Emeraude?
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hi+.” ― W.C. Fields

3. Likes Joe Fisher liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Boy do I have a deal for you !

One of our HBA participants, Addicted2climbing, has a really nice Emeraude project which consists of a nearly finished and well built wing, and a bunch of wood, and a set of plans, and some welded parts. I do think he would entertain offers on it, because he has numerous other priorities at present. It's hanging safe and dry in our EAA hangar in Los Angeles, was built in CA, and appears to have been taken care of.

I can easily facilitate a contact between you if you are interested.
    "Everything in this book may be wrong."
    Richard Bach, Illusions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Nemo,

As VB mentioned I do have an Emeraude Project and its likely as complete as youl ever find for an unfinished plane. Wing is by all accounts done including Flaps and Ailerons. All controls and control column hooked up. Stab and elevator done as well as the Rudder. The rudder is the smaller swept 328a model. I also have a bunch of other bits like cowling, Cleveland brakes, wheels and tires, oleos and such. I can get you more detailed info on history and all included if you say your interested. No for the downside, its a one piece wing so getting it to the east coast woudl be a journey. It will fit in a diesel container but would require some clever crating. I also have most if not all the wood to build the fuselage.

I have a link to an online albums with pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/OlXUE

I show a few pics of old glue cans only for the sake to show what it was built with. This has been listed in the past and mentioned on the emerauders yahoo group and all agree its well built.

Best regards,

Marc

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I appreciate the response, but I was looking to start out small anyways, so I do not think the project will work for me. I am not ruling it out entirely, but just do not get anyone's hopes up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nemo,
    I have a set you're welcome to examine for a couple months for the cost of round-trip postage in a tube (maybe 4 lbs?). They are unused and I'm using them as reference/ideas for my own all-wood design.

A word of caution though, they are hard to read and poorly organized. It seems the original blueprints were on different sizes of paper and when Littner copied them, they just put whatever sizes fit together on the copier. Thus tail parts are mixed with firewall parts on one sheet and mixed with the flaps on another sheet...etc. (to the ‘rivet counters’, I’m only making a parts-mixing example, not to be taken literally!). The only way to get everything together is to hack up the copies - more annoying than anything else, but if you’re going to build, then buy them and hack away!