Thread: Prescott Pusher

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Prescott Pusher

At the risk of beating a dead horse, does anyone know who owns the rights to this aircraft now that Tom Prescott has passed? Thanks, Bob.

2. Likes Turd Ferguson liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Prescott Pusher

Don't know but would like any info that comes available
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hi+.” ― W.C. Fields

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently, Tom Prescott formed a company, Aviation Franchising International, to handle Prescott Pusher sales and marketing. It's defunct (http://www.texascorporates.com/corp/752498.html), but somebody may be able to find out if it, vs Precott's estate, owns the Prescott Pusher rights.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have no direct experience with this airplane at all... but I suggest that anyone interested in "resurrecting" the airplane takes time to read about the flight dynamics and stability/control issues that supposedly put the airplane into the boneyard in the first place. I can't remember the details, but I think I do remember that there were some significant issues with the handling and safety around the pitch axis???

Anyone else remember this... bmcj ... Topaz?
    "Everything in this book may be wrong."
    Richard Bach, Illusions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I spoke to the owner / pilot of one a few years ago. His response to my "How does it fly?" was "Do you want it?"

Further discussion revealed that he really did not like the airplane. IIRC, it needed much more HP than advertised, was too heavy, and had landing gear geometry, driven by the engine placement, that made rotation speed be way above stall speed.

BJC

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Start here, and read down from that point: http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...ll=1#post45662
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau

Design Project: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider
    Discussion Thread for the Project: Discussion: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wowza...
    "Everything in this book may be wrong."
    Richard Bach, Illusions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I actually visited the factory a long time ago. They were in Wichita and I was visiting family. What does an airplane geek do on vacation?

The steel tube frame was built on a bunch of VERY large and elaborate jigs. They didn't have much space. Computers were new and they were very proud of themselves that they had some wireframes of that fuselage truss. It was square tubing because it was easier than round. That cost a bunch of weight but it seemed plausible at the time. No one optimized it. It was built more like a kit car than a plane. There was no carbon back then really so that fuselage shell was boat like. It was probably Polyester and the mold halves were huge. They really thought they were revolutionizing the kit build industry. I remember they had some sales guy and he just kept asking me if I wanted to put a deposit on a kit over and over again. It also snowed like 18" in Kansas that day. For a guy from Vermont it's no big deal to drive around on a day like that but people were dying on the highways and in trailer parks due to snow. Remember it like it was yesterday. Strange experience.
    Jay K.

VT USA

10. Likes Topaz liked this post