• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

About to build Pietenpol - How do I first go about it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlistairL

I am planning to start building a Pietenpol Air Camper within the summer starting the fuselage.It is basically an inexpensive aircraft to begin with.This will be my very first aircraft to build and want the cost to be as minimal as I can make it.I come to ask what should I do and where to find the materials for a good price.I get my spruce at Wicks Aircraft Supply and luckily they sell cap strips at exact sizes so that helps things (minimal cutting and such).I feel doing that would cut cost as well.What advice should I follow in getting materials as I go along and the construction?

Greatly appreciate the help!

Back