• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Removing thermostat from water cooled engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N8053H

One day I went to apply for a position as a tech. The head tech or foreman was doing the hiring. When I went into his office, on his desk sat a stack of applications maybe a foot or more tall. He sticks my application on top and asked one question. I answered this question and was hired on the spot. He told me no other tech could get this correct.

This my friends you can not look up or google.

Here is the question lets see who knows their stuff:

You remove the thermostat on your water cooled engine for it is stuck open. You do not have another so just put the thermostat housing back in place and fill with anti-freeze water mix..

What will happen to this engine and why?

I will wait one day before answering this. But maybe someone knows this.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back